Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MICHAEL MILLER


Michael miller


FELICITY

I have longed for you my love
as committed the tanager to sing
my yearn to hear your voice
as watercourses the mountains spring
My joy leaps like the springbok
at the thought of coming home
the beating heart within my breast
hungers for you alone
When the snow and ice melts
beneath the suns warming heat
the earth without her radiance
what I am do you complete
The blossoms in the grasslands
in errand paint their every hue
when your loves my garment
there is nothing I can’t do
The desert wind drives the sand
exposes parchment there below
nothing here satisfies my thirst
till you I will fully know
Lakes reservoir water drains
their brooks plunge unto the sea
desire is my own refrain
till when you live with me
When the molten lava flows
to torch all within its reach
the fire that burns within me
the ardor that did me breach
I cannot endure without you
you are the sinews to my bones
no cadence exists in music
without the ascend of tones
All that abides around me
might as well be dead
apart from your connection
lies lifeless thoughts ahead
I want to fly into your arms
as a bird glides to her nest
enclose myself in your embrace
and to there forever rest
I see with a heart of woman
for I know no other kind
the person you are consumes me
like you no other will I find
Every treasure buried deep in earth
every symphony of notes I hear
less than what conceives your worth
its ecstasy when you are near
source Song of Solomon
Michael Miller

No comments :

Post a Comment