Thursday, October 1, 2015

JUANITA GARCIA VERA


Juanita Garcia Vera
MY SOUL A DESERT


When I felt,
I was alone
I began to weep
And cry I did
I cried a river
A long
And steady stream
But I couldn’t drown
My sorrows
In the current
Fast and steep
No, I couldn’t
Stop the pain
That like daggers
Pierced my heart
I cried
To exhaustion
Cried into your
Pillow white
Waking up to life
Without you
Even sunlight held
No warmth
Slowly,
It happened
One day,
I thought of you
But I could not
Shed a tear
I thought…
My soul a desert
Dead and hollow
While the years
Did slowly slip
Then I felt
My soul
Replenished
Full instead
With memories
Full of roses,
Yet with thorns
That no longer
Pierced my heart
Filled instead
The emptiness
With the essence
Of your love

© Juanita Garcia Vera

No comments :

Post a Comment