Wednesday, June 1, 2016

DOROTA SZUMILAS


DOROTA
SZUMILAS
„CHOPIN – THE POET OF GRAND PIANO”
The poet of grand piano
Dofficult, but beautiful music
Romantic
With a tragic note of the soul
The piano alone
Understood him
Tempestuous music
Moving
Still soothes me
I listen to Chopin
To cool down my soul
On hot days
And not only then




THROUGH…
through
written words
through words unspoken
I keep those moments
to myself
through songs that have been sung
not comprehended
by some
let others stay here
and sing for others
through utterances mistaken
through
inner contradictions
at least you please
understand me
My heart!



MEMORY

memory of the heart
reflects a gentle sound
a soft note
will remain in the silence
the sounds reach high notes
then soften
just to blow away
the silence
once more
and to enclose the radiance
of the moment
the sparkle in your eyes
like the beauty of little moments
gently falls to the ground
little moments
make up the radiance
so beautifully
read with your heart!



INVITATION
Thank you for your invitation…
I also invite you although it’s not that easy…
I invite you to look at the sun drenched snow
For a hike in the forest that fills you with its energy
To understand your soul, often complicated, sometimes difficult
To receive the silence, loud only to ourselves
To these few words written… here and now
Come…



TO THE LONELY ONE AT CHRISTMAS
I found consolation in unspoken voice…
At the time of approaching Christas…
The time hard for a lonely soul, but…
Sing one or two carols quietly,
Take a deep breath for the aching heart
And smile at all those,
Who have remainde forgotten…




IN RETURN FOR THE HAPPY TIMES
in return for the time of joy insight and reflection
I give away a portion of my dreams
about  the substance already written down
with a fountain pen and ink
for those fleeting moments still remembered
I give away my voice as a whisper
as a pencil held by an artist ready for a new sketch
of a picture or a verse…
DOROTA SZUMILAS
CISZA I CHOPIN / SILENCE AND CHOPIN. KRAKÓW : ED. BY MINIATURA, 2012. TRANSL. BY URSZULA SLEDZIEWSKA-BOLINSKA AND DOROTA B. ZEGAROWSKA  (ISBN 978-83-7606-460-4)



No comments :

Post a Comment