Monday, August 1, 2016

ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI

ZACHAROULA   GAITANAKI  


LANGUAGE OF SILENCE
I closed my lips.
From now on,
when I want to speak
I’ll keep silent.









FATHERLAND
For many years now,
he regards the foreign country
his second home.
But in his heart,
an eternal love nests for Greece.
A handful of the native soil,
a small branch of lemon tree
and a seashell from Aegean Sea
antidotes of forgetting.
Besides the icons he keeps,
in a small box,
the soil, the seashell, the flowers,
mementos from his fatherland.








GOD’S LOVE
I felt and I feel,
Your Love, dear God.
You set free every yearning
of my heart.
You give wings
in every though of mine.
You soften every pain
and near You I’m not afraid,
because You solve
every problem of mine.









THE WORTH
The worth of a kilo of oranges
is the same as an arid water hole,
as a man’s that I forget his name,
as a love affair’s
that wasn’t important for me
and as a dream’s
that I didn’t remember
when I woke up in the morning
to do the same aw usual everyday.
]








VERSES
1.- How bright… They are unrecognizable the roads of happiness.
2.- I look back on your memory without love.
3.- It’s a bright day. I’m looking forward to meeting you.
4.- Darkness everywhere. But you came and it’s gone, my beloved.
5.- A dream will keep my hope  alive.

ZACHAROULA  GAITANAKI, 
Greece





No comments :

Post a Comment