Saturday, October 1, 2016

FRANCINE SAMUEL

FRANCINE
SAMUEL
TIME…

Time will heal you, they told me long ago.
Alas, I fear they lied to me
Because it really takes its time, the time
To heal my wounded heart.

I came here to soothe my soul
Near this creek as I have done so many times.
The songs of the crickets and birds comfort me
As they couldn’t care less about my despair.

The world won’t cease because of my flowing tears.
The joyous and gentle breeze has lost its appeal,
It's not for me that life goes around and around,
Who am I, what am I in my failed universe?

It really takes its time, this damned time
It toys with me so that I can’t find any solace.
Lonely, near my brook on that spring morning
I cannot believe that hope is still alive.
*

Le temps

Le temps te guérira, m'a t'on dit y'a longtemps.
Hélas, j'ai bien peur que l'on m'ai mentie
Car il prend vraiment son temps, le temps
Pour guérir mon coeur meurtri.

Je suis venue chercher apaiser mon âme
près de ce ruisseau comme je l'ai fait tant de fois
le chant des grillons et des oiseaux me calme
Car ils n'ont que faire de mon désarroi.

Et mes larmes qui coulent n'arrêtent pas le monde
La brise douce et joyeuse a perdu son attrait,
Ce n'est pas pour moi que la vie continue sa ronde,
Qui suis-je, que suis-je, dans mon univers raté?

Il prend vraiment son temps, ce foutu temps
Il se joue de moi car je ne trouve pas le réconfort,
Seule, près de mon ruisseau en ce matin de printemps
J'ai du mal à croire que l'espoir n'est pas mort.
*.*.*.*.*




BROKEN HEART

A heart that breaks and sighs
Can never smile again.
This heart you broke and humiliated
How will it ever find self-respect again?

If only you knew how it hurts,
Your latest wound is killing me
I weep for your sweet lost love
For what I’ll never find again.

You promised me the stars and the sun
But they were only honeyed words.
You forget them quickly and looked elsewhere.
Breaking promises was easy, you just left.

Oh if only you knew how it hurts,
My heart is dying, I feel defiled.
You threw my heart to the hungry dogs
And I’ll never know peace again.
**

Coeur Brisé...

Un coeur qui se brise et soupire
Ne pourra plus jamais sourire.
Ce coeur que tu as cassé, humilié
Comment va-t-il retrouver sa dignité?

Oh si tu savais comme ça fait mal
Cette dernière blessure m'est fatale,
Et je pleure ton bel amour perdu,
Je pleure ce je n'aurais jamais plus.

Tu m'avais donné les étoiles et tous les soleils
Mais ce n'étaient que des mots au goût de miel,
Tu les as vite oubliés en detournant ton regard.
Tu as cassé tes promesses, tu t'en fous et tu pars.

Oh si tu savais comme ça fait mal,
Mon coeur se meurt, je me sens sale.
Mon coeur tu l'as jeté aux chiens affamés
Et je ne pourrais plus jamais trouver la paix.
*.*.*.*.*





AMÉLIE OR LOVE FORBIDDEN …

Amélie seeks sleep with a sigh,
Closes her book, it's time to sleep,
Another night without love, without passion
With the man lying next to her, buried in sleep.
But her heart is his no longer,
She gave it to a mysterious stranger.
Amélie, Amélie loves hopelessly in the night,
Amélie, Amélie weeps softly in the dark.

Amelie plays the forbidden game,
Lying naked on the edge of her bed,
Amélie fantasizes of he
Who inhabits her fantasy.

Amélie pleasures herself in her own way
In the dim light of the pale morning.
Quiescent at last, her sleep comes,
She can dream of her handsome stranger.

But solitary pleasures are not enough.
If she knew at least where to find him.
Amélie would live her forbidden love in secret,
Like the two tragic lovers, Romeo and Juliette.
***

Amélie ou l'amour défendu

Amélie cherche le sommeil avec un soupir,
Elle ferme son livre, il est temps de dormir,
Encore une nuit sans amour et sans passion
Près de celui qui dort d'un sommeil sans fond.

Mais son coeur ne lui appartient déjà plus,
Elle l'a donné à ce mystérieux inconnu.
Amélie aime ce soir sans espoir,
Amélie pleure doucement dans le noir.

Elle fait des gestes défendus
Allongée au bord de son lit toute nue,
Amélie pense encore et toujours à celui
Qui ne vit que dans ses fantaisies.

Amélie se donne du plaisir à elle-même
Dans la faible lueur du matin blême.
Apaisée enfin, le sommei est venu.
Elle peut rêver a son bel inconnu.

Mais les plaisirs en solitaire, c'est pas gai,
Si au moins elle savait où il était,
Amélie vivrait son amour défendu en cachette
Comme ces deux amoureux de tragédie, Romeo et Juliette.
*.*.*.*.*





IN YOUR EYES...

In your eyes, I fell
Like Alice in Wonderland.
To your golden eyes, I surrendered,
You stirred me from my long sleep

And now I fly, I fly up there in the sky
Do not let me fall back to earth
Your love, your smile are my essentials
With you, I can forget yesterday!
****


Dans ton regard…


Dans ton regard, je suis tombée
Comme Alice au Pays des Merveilles
A l'or de tes yeux, j'ai succombé
Tu m'as reveillée de mon long sommeil.

Et je vole, je vole là-haut dans le ciel
Ne me laisse pas retomber sur terre
Ton amour, ton sourire sont mes essentiels
Avec toi, je peux oublier hier!
*.*.*.*.*.*





TO BE TWENTY….

I would like to always be twenty,
To laugh and sing like a teenager
To let my heart burst with happiness
With each new love.

I would like to always be twenty
To be drunk from too much freedom and time,
Have in my hands the whole eternity
To play games with starry infinity.

I'll always be twenty
I’ll run in the wind with you, my love
But if you are not the better life I was promised
I will seek elsewhere the dreams of my heart,
As if I was still twenty.
******


Avoir toujours vingt ans

Je voudrais toujours avoir vingt ans
Rire et chanter comme les adolescents
Et qu'à chaque nouvel amour, mon coeur
Ressente comme les premiers frissons du  bonheur.

Je voudrais toujours avoir vingt ans
Ivre de liberté, ivre de temps,
Avoir dans mes mains l'éternité
Jouer avec l'infini étoilé.

J'aurai toujours vingt ans
Et je partirai avec toi mon amour, sous le vent
Mais si  ce n'est pas toi la vie meilleure
Le rêve de mon coeur, j'irai le chercher ailleurs,
Comme a vingt ans...
FRANCINE
SAMUEL

FRANCINE SAMUEL is a French poet living in the United Kingdom. She writes stories and poems to inspire people, especially women. She believes in raising self awareness and healing through writing. Her main works denounce abuse against women and children, she also write softer and romantic stories. Her main goal is to show we can survive abuse by avoiding the victim's trap. She want her writings to be bearers of hope and of universal love.
                                                      
FSamuel will tell you she is not a feminist and not against men but against the systems and establishments wanting to keep women from developing their natural and spiritual talents. She likes her words to shock but never to offend. She describes herself as very politically incorrect. She currently lives in London with her four children.

No comments :

Post a Comment