Tuesday, November 1, 2016

WHITNEY RIX VICTORY II

WHITNEY RIX VICTORY II

SACRED HEART OF LONELY
(Count on Me)
V1/      The sacred heart of lonely,
Must be shining down on me,
I'd be living for you only,
Oh baby if you'd let it be.

Ch/     You can count on me, on me,
And come around when you're down,
Baby you can count on me,
To pick you up when you're down.

You can count on me, on me,
When your tears are raining down,
Baby you can count on me,
When you call I'll come around.

V2/     And the going gets too tough,
Well, I will be tougher still,
And when the day seems so rough,
I will shelter you until...

Refrain:
The sacred heart of lonely,
Must be shining down on me,
You can count on me, on me,
Baby you can count on me!
©9 September 2016






TELL ME WHY

V1/      When I was young I heard of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost,
I heard about the mysteries before they gave me the Holy Host.
Ladies clinging to their rosaries and singing from a little book,
Kumbaya we would sing together while chancing yet another look.



Ch/     And I wondered who was crying and no one would ever answer,
Kumbaya someone's crying, don't look now, someone's dying, tell me why!
And today there's people still crying and hatred lives like a cancer,
Kumbaya someone's crying, don't look now someone's dying, tell me why!



V2/     We live in a modern world, but the ancient fires are still burning us,
Call it tribalism, and renounce your baptism just burn it down!
Every great empire must fall to the greatest one of all for us,
Will you stop as a Samaritan for a stranger or let him down?



V3/     Tell me why we say we're civilized and don't turn the other cheek?
Tell me why humans are demonized, is it that our hearts are weak?
Tell me why we can't find the solution and turn it all around?
And tell me why there's no resolution and there's no common ground?
©6 September 2016






WALLS DIVIDE

V1/      The way you are, if I walked on water,
I'd just be a lamb for your slaughter,
But you can't see, hate has tainted all you see,
Can't forgive me, cause it's eaten you not me.

Ch/     Your walls divide, can you set anger aside?
You're just proving life is such a lonely ride,
Your walls divide, can you set anger side?
You're just moving me to move away, outside.

V2/     Don't need the pain, all my actions are in vain,
And don't call me when you're crying in the rain,
Your words so vile, how can my life be worthwhile,
I've got to hide my heart, walk another mile.

Refrain:
The taint of hate is a pain greater than great,
Walls can crumble and lives can fail, it's a jail,
The taint of hate is a stench fouler than foul,
Ultimately alone until the last wolves howl.

Coda:
It's not about me, but it is all about you,
But you've got to see it before you can breakthrough.
©6 September 2016
WHITNEY RIX VICTORY II


1 comment :

  1. A Prolific Songwriter ~ A Star whose songs are deep and meaningful ... I wish I could hear them with instruments.

    ReplyDelete