Thursday, December 1, 2016

MICHAEL MARROTTI

MICHAEL MARROTTI

'PLEADING GUILTY'

I've chosen to be
brutally honest
in the digital realm
of mediocrity

I haven't bitten
my tongue once
therefore
I've never tasted
my own blood

All the punches
I've thrown
were never pulled
always hitting
their mark with
force and precision

A few publications
ending in WordPress
ran by the same
editor who claims
to be prolific
has forbidden me
from submitting
over a petty
little argument
standing my ground
like a statue
I'd be offended
if I admired his
writing


CHEERS!

I may not be
the most amiable
writer available
but I've never
pretended to be
something I am not
if candor is a crime
I'm pleading guilty
to the charge





'CONTEMPORARY CENSORSHIP'

I've been banned
from the Brookline
open Mic for reciting
poetry that makes
pseudo-liberals
feel uncomfortable

Excluded from
the feminist
lit magazines
over the make
of my reproductive
organ

Too white for
the all black
poetry submission
somehow that's
kosher
nobody is
complaining

One closed door
after another
target on my head
for being born
into this race
and gender
forced to endure
unapologetic
censorship

No tears to be shed
no wars to be lost
I've been singled out
most of my life
this is exactly
what I'm after

The beginning
equates to this

The end




'ONE OF THESE DAYS, HE'LL GET IT RIGHT'

I know a
green eyed poet
who vehemently
opposes the right

I'm assuming
he doesn't have
any mirrors hanging
on his hollow walls
since his poetry
isn't charitable
it's only for sale

He speaks
words of wisdom like
"Those who don't. Won't."
It's too profound
for me to comprehend
but one of these days
I'll get it right

All these simple words
from a simple mind
give a new meaning
to the word humility

They say everything
is subjective
well fuck that
I'm being objective

They call it
the free market
so you're free to do
what you please

Although if you plan
on flogging
another epic product
you should probably
drop the poetry label
and call it what it is

A mundane thought
another damn cliche


 MICHAEL MARROTTI


MICHAEL MARROTTI is an author from Pittsburgh, using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his book, F.D.A. Approved Poetry, available at Amazon.

No comments :

Post a Comment