Sunday, October 1, 2017

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

QUESTS

Asked I to the clouds
Have you never sought why you do be
So white and foamy
So bright and milky?

Asked I to the rivers
Have you never sought why you do be
So tame at times, and at others so wild
So clear at times, and at others so raging?

Asked I to the flowers
Have you never sought why you do be
So pretty and so fragranced
So fragile and so in need of care?

Asked I to the animals in the animal world
Have you never sought why you do be
So varied and so different
Some of you so fearsome and some others so mild?

Pray, my quests were left unanswered
So much that I chose to close my eyes
And to ask the silence inhabiting me
Why I do be
So broken and imperfect
Yet, so in love with existence?

The silence turned into a drum
And bid my soul to move to frenetic beats
The drum then turned into a violin
And bid my heart to melt to its soothing tunes
The violin then turned into nothingness
And I left my whole essence
Being enlaced with a mystical warmth!

Why, life is a riddle, a puzzle
Life is meant to be lived
Life is meant not to be questioned
Curiosity shall remain a facet of humanity
But confusion and mystery shall overpower it
At all times!

Meanwhile, we are to live
And enjoy of our lives
Even if imposed upon!





MY SOLE AIM

My sole aim is to be remembered
Though this world remains a voyage
And though I live like a mere traveler
I only wish to stay alive after I shall no more be!

Pray,
My aim inhabits me
As if it were a hungry lioness
Caring solely to quench its hunger
My aim does never leave me
For, of the temporality of life
My soul has had enough!

Why, if I live here still after I shall turn into dust
Through words and poems
Shall my aim be met?






TWIRLS OF EXISTENCE

Worry not about what happens to the material body
Worry not about it
Care only for what lies after
For the consciousness that shall live on
Even if such remains a mystery!

See, seeds turn into flowers
Rain water turns into clouds
Babies grow up into adults
Days alternate with nights
And repeat themselves
While the magic of existence looms
And life keeps going on
Whatever happens!

So worry not about what shall be
Worry not about anything
Care to live your dues
As if you were a knight
Following the orders
Of your king!
Care to live up to your standards
As if you believed in these strongly!

Pray, Existence twirls always in between itself
See, our galaxy itself is twisted
Being the children of it
We have no choice other than
Twirl with it
And adhere to what it wishes!

Anoucheka Gangabissoon

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, In Between Hangovers Press, WISH Press, Tuck’s Magazine, Blue Mountain Review, among others.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in two anthologies for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests.


No comments :

Post a Comment